Pioneer Woman Rains on Pawhuska Xmas Parade

Thank you Suz for alerting us that the arrogant Ree Drummond and her little ol’ ranch wife entourage will be hogging the spotlight at tonight’s Pawhuska Parade of Lights.  According to the Chamber of Commerce’s announcement,  festivities begin at 6 p.m.:

This year Pacific is recording a television program for the American Food Network during our “Parade of Lights. By being present along the parade route while recording is taking place you consent to being filmed and recorded, and to appearing in the program or programs. Please notify the film crew if you do not want to be filmed.

WTF, there’s no mention of appearances by Pawhuska’s notorious resident the effing Pioneer Woman.  You know the one who complains incessantly about Pawhuska’s grocers lacking ingredients for her lifted recipes.  But then maybe Pawhuska prefers to low-key it providing an evening of holiday fun for everyone rather than an all-out media circus for the narcissistic Ree.

Nevertheless, expect the faux Pioneer Woman and Queen of Bullshit to arrive atop a lavishly emblazoned Land-O-Lakes float while showering the masses with sticks of butter. Where Ree’s concerned, exploiting the town’s holiday parade makes her hiney tingle all the way to the bank.

22 Responses to Pioneer Woman Rains on Pawhuska Xmas Parade

1. I feel sorry for all those folks in Pawhuska who are basically held ransom by Ree and her circus. Can you imagine going to take in the parade with your families and being part of the filming for her farce by no choice of your own.

I imagine both Santa and Ree will have floats in that parade. Between the two, I believe in Santa far more than the “farm wife.”

2. imbubbasmom says:

Wait. I haven’t clicked on *that* site in over 2 years now. Are y’all telling me that SHE TOOK PICTURES OF HER LITTLE GIRL IN THE HOSPITAL? And then PUBLISHED them? Holy ****. A new low. A new reason not to click on her site ever again.

3. Courtney says:

You know, I don’t comment here although I love the commentary, but as someone who read PW from probably 2008-2010 and hasn’t read the blog in the better part of a year, I have to say that it’s evident someone else writes her posts now. (Not a newsflash here, I know). I was compelled to go on the site and read the post about her daughter’s tonsillectomy. The entire tone was different from her old, original posts and the content appalling. The fact that she said she felt as though she’d been punched in the kidney when the nurse told her she couldn’t leave while her daughter’s tonsils were being removed and was serious is just gross. Repugnant, really. Who thinks this woman is funny or amusing? I think someone else wrote it, although I’m sure the sentiment was Ree’s. It’s all about Ree, all the time. How this woman maintains a following is both appalling and alarming.

• Lise says:

Courtney I think you’re correct. I went and read through that ridiculous post- it doesn’t sound like the old Ree at all. This “Ree” has been polished up and speaks in a narrative! Example:

“Fortunately, Meg had had an emergency appendectomy a couple of years ago, so she was able to respond with some degree of experience to her friend’s cries for help. Never mind that I had had a tonsillectomy during my teenage years, not to mention three vaginal births, one c-section, and a root canal! But I guess that wasn’t exactly the kind of perspective my daughter was seeking. She needed to know that her best friend on earth had been stuck with a needle and put under…then had come out the other side. ”

She never used to write like that… It must be nice to outsource 95% of your life to employees!!

4. poppycorn says:

Must change topics here – about her daughter’s operation. She has to have a child explain to her why she can’t leave the hospital during her daughter’s tonsillectomy. She can’t get her Starbucks! This is very strange – not funny or cute or tongue-in-cheek because we know she is serious.

• RobertaJ says:

I can’t tell you how disturbing/borderline sick I found that entire post, especially web-publishing the pictures of her daughter in the hospital bed. That’s really a new low….there are some things that just should not be exploited for profit.

• poppycorn says:

Agreed. And it does not matter if her daughter said it was okay to publish the picture. It’s just not right. The whole thing was very unsettling.

5. Amber says:

I find it highly ironic that the sponsor is the Osage Casino. I’m willing to bet they didn’t know they were sponsoring and event that glorifies a family that stole many of their headrights and their land. Truly disappointing that the PW couldn’t even fork over a little to help sponsor herself for her show.

6. Denise says:

According to the Chamber’s Web site, they had only one sponsor for the parade. Too bad that the FN or PW didn’t contribute something given that both will be financially gaining from the parade and town’s effort.

7. D'OH! says:

Yup, I have to comment on this one now…
    Trolls, please go get onto TPW’s Tote Float, on the unhealthy, recipe stealing and bull sh&t!ng TPW Christmas parade wagon.
    I personally am 110% with The Malboro Woman on this one, Ree in multiple posts in her blog disparages Pawhuska (and it’s lack of basil) She dishes out the local grocery store, passes over the local restaurants for Sonic and now McDonalds, does not support her local school, too home school as the common people and travel are too lowly for her and her kind….
    AND NOW *mad* she wants to be the star of the Christmas Parade, just because she has some insanely stupid TV show to film????
    What a narcissistic gREEdy high street townie bi@tch

gaah!!!!
    Jeeze, stupid sheeple, increasingly stupid world, please call me a hater at least then I know I fall into the lot of THE THINKERS.

8. Kris says:

I am not a fan either but you guys need to get a life….why are you such hate mongers?

The last time you posted a comment here was in March and it was yet another disparaging remark about this site. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but if you don’t like it here why bother to come back after 9 months to post another name-calling attack? Take some of your own advice sweetie: “get a life.”

9. E. W. says:

Comment deleted by Admin.

Masturbate much honey? What a pathetic troll. Surely you have better things to do in Austin on a Sat. night. Better yet go click on your hero’s site hundreds of times so she can rake in more cash for her lifted recipes and mediocre excuse for a blog. And next time you comment here, use a legit e-mail address instead of a bogus one.

10. The Marlboro Woman says:

When you click on Pawhuska Chamber’s site, click on the directory tab and scroll through it. A number of Drummonds are listed–no mention however of Mr. and Mrs. Ladd Drummond or The Pioneer Woman Inc. which speaks volumes. Greedy Ree doesn’t even support the local economy. What. A. Dolt.

11. Suz says:

I’ve had a cold the past three days — nothing serious — just one of those nasty little head colds…so I’ve had some time (and some wine) to think about things.

But I need your help….starting humming “O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree”. Then sing along and then everyone can add another phrase or two.

Paw-hus-ka-Ree, Paw-hus-ka-Ree
    How lovely are thine ranches
    Pawhuska-Ree, Pawhuska-Ree
    How lovely are thine ranches.

You photo-graph
    The Okie State
    You photo-shop
    And lam-in-ate

(time for someone else to take over….I need some medicinal brandy).

• Suz says:

OK — I just noticed a grave error. Please substitute the word “phoney” for “lovely”. I guess I’m a little more under the weather than I thought.

12. Suz says:

I’ve had a cold the past three days — nothing serious — just one of those head colds…so I’ve had some time (and some wine) to think about things.

But I need your help….starting humming “O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree”. Then sing along.

Pawhuska-

13. eclecticdeb says:

What a crock of buttery bullshit. So, you can’t attend the parade and be along the route without “consenting” to be filmed. I feel for the folks of OK.

• barncat says:

Poor Pawhuskans. The owners of the local grocery store are to be the parade grand marshalls ~ the folks that run the grocery that PW complains about. I bet they would just as soon have her cart her butter lovin’ self over to Tulsa or Bartlettsville to do her shopping. I hope that the community of Pawhuska benefits from this filming in some way, otherwise, shame on Food Network and PW for taking the spotlight off of a lovely local tradition and shining it on the PW brand.

14. Paula S. says:

It is too bad that a small town Christmas parade, which I find charming, is going to be over shadowed by filming for PW’s show. Especially when the ordinary locals don’t seem to like her at all.