Pioneer Woman’s Cow Pattie Cuisine

Cow Pattie Cuisine

[ kou, pat-ee, kwi-zeen]

cow  pat•tie  cui•sine

-noun

1. a style of cooking noted for its bastardization of a recipe particularly in the absence of specified ingredients;

2. an elementary approach to cooking;

3. of or pertaining to the Pioneer Woman

Yesterday the Pioneer Woman re-hashed retro yet again.  Her (or someone else’s) recipe for Key Lime Pie leads with a shout out to the critics as Drummond warns the “strict adherents” this version does not contain anything remotely resembling Key West’s native citrus.  Then why call it Key Lime Pie?

It totally escapes me how someone could name a recipe for something it lacks. Unlike widely available Persian limes, Key limes have limited distribution outside their local growing regions. Their flavor and texture have a unique acidity making substitution an option but not one guaranteed to produce the same results.  Is it thinking too much outside the box to call a pie made with regular lime juice something like um… Lime Pie?   Lime Tart maybe?

The answer appears to be buried deep inside the psyche of a very insecure woman.  One who went to great lengths to spin her Bartlesville hometown (population 36,000) as a “cultured, corporate” place but can’t change the name of a dessert to reflect its ingredients.   Using the lime tart moniker might smack of elitism and alienate a portion of the fan base.  Something like plain old lime pie borders on well, banal.  In the end, Key Lime Pie wins out…minus its namesake component.  And the all important image remains intact.

21 Responses to Pioneer Woman’s Cow Pattie Cuisine

1. Lily says:

omg! super creative!!! and sadly, so true…

2. Elizabeth says:

Oh my. I followed Stella’s instructions and watched the video she mentioned.

For starters, why would you make public such a video? Hard to fathom the reasoning behind that decision (“I like your whiskers. I like your chaps. I like what’s in ‘em.”). Lawsy day!

And secondly, chaps aren’t pronounced with a ch like in chapped, but with sh like shack (shaps). You’d think that after all these years living on the Oklahoma prairie, she would get that right, even if she still can’t saddle a horse.

Agreed. She claims she won’t discuss their sex life in that crap novel of hers, but then she posts this Jersey Shore nonsense. She tells so many lies she’s losing track of the truth.

• Stella says:

Just watch……..if she’s lurking here, that video will soon be GONE WITH THE WIND!!!! If you get my meaning……….delete……….just like all negatory comments on her blogs.

Wench!

..Stella..

3. Hellen Wheels says:

“UR JES JELLUS!” is a common (and woefully juvenile) response from people with the intellectual firepower of a second-grader on the playground. It’s the worst possible insult they can think of. These people are the PW’s natural constituency, so just consider the source.

4. Stella says:

I suggest that the ones who come here to defend her………go to you tube and “google” her there and then watch the video of her acting like a complete ass wipe with Marlboro Man, telling him how she loves what’s in his chaps.

Can we say “highschool” level of maturity here, or what???

Jesus H. Christ………the writing is on the wall……….do a bit of digging, you’ll see it in no time.

..Stella..

5. sageNV says:

I have a question – something that’s been bothering me for some time. Maybe you know the answer…
    Tasty Kitchen is a place where PW posts her recipes — and a place for her sheeple to also post their recipes. So my question is do THEY get any compensation for this? Or is it just a way for PW to steal other’s recipes and make money from advertisers? Something just doesn’t seem right to me…

Some one posted about this either on PWSux or maybe the forum. If I recall, once you post a recipe on TK you give up all rights to it. Naturally the masses don’t mind. It’s a small price to pay for the possibility of having your reciped featured by Queen Ree.

6. anon. says:

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Ree’s followers always consider the commenters here and at other “PW is fake” boards to be “jealous”. Jealous of what??

We’re calling out Ree for not “keeping it real”. What does jealousy have to do with that?

• Skattebol says:

Anon.
      They are too stupid to differentiate between criticism of an individual who purports to keep it real, but is nothing more than a brand. I wonder if she is able to recognize herself anymore?? But I am digressing. They are too stupid to differentiate between criticism and jealousy. It amazes me, as it seems quite clear, but apparently not for these eggheads.

7. Sakura says:

Wow, sounds like a bunch of bitter jealous women or maybe men too here. So sad. Both Paula and Ree rock!

• NCme says:

LOL, Sheeple says what?

Jealous? Of what? If you’re referring to Ree Drummond, who in their right mind would envy a talentless hack?

As for Paula Deen, she’s the genuine article. She earned her fame and fortune through hard work. Ree Drummond is a spoiled brat who married well.

8. Shari in Ohio says:

Key Lime Juice is in most grocery stores. Didn’t Ree’s personal shopper know that?

9. AnneMaReeDee says:

Her original post for the Key Lime Pie was from June 8, 2009. She not only REE-cycled the recipe but the photos as well.

I mentioned this in her comments – ‘This is the exact same recipe that you posted on June 8, 2009 yes?’ but surprise, surprise it didn’t show up.

10. Rechelle says:

She makes so many strange assumptions about her readers and really plays to the meatheads in the middle.

11. Suz says:

A couple of her readers did call her out regarding the missing key limes.

12. wineinmyglass says:

Hopefully Ree will attend culinary school before foodnetwork gives her anything remotely close to her own show. If not we can just expect more cow patty shit on a shingle, with butter!

Even if she went to cooking school, she still has no chemistry with the camera.